Chef Celebration is a series of annual events that have the participation of over 30 highly notable chefs around San Diego. These events are unique in that they are a chef’s opportunity to give back to the profession after giving of their time and talents to other charities all year. From the guest’s standpoint it is rare to be dining in one location where there are 5 distinguished chefs in the kitchen.
- Dinner Series, Tuesdays in April 2012 + May 1st
- Chef Celebration’s Beer Master Pairing, Stone Brewery World Bistro and Gardens, May 6, 2012
- San Diego Beer Week Cap Off Event, Beer Garden at the Lodge at Torrey Pines, November 2012
Delegation of 12 Scholarship recipients to Napa together for a week long course
- For the first time we will bring a group of 12 all together
- Helps build camaraderie among San Diego’s future chefs
- We are able to build a class catered to our criteria rather than an off the shelf course
- Over the past 16 years we have helped 75 people with furthering their education and have spent in excess of $130K, including notable chefs as Hanis Cavin of Carnitas Snack Shack, Victor Jimenez of Cowboy Star, Denise Roa of Art Institute and Lhasa Landry of Lion’s Share.
Salary Reimbursement Program Began in 2011 with corporate Sponsorship from Field Fresh Foods Inc. This has opened the door for those that do not have the benefit of vacation time, providing 80% of Cooks Salary up to $450 for the week!
Our local 501(C)3 Charity is ALL VOLUNTEER and run by a rotation of 7 Chefs. All Proceeds go toward the Scholarships